Bottles....

My son is 4 months old and has been using Dr. Brown bottles but Dr. said at 4 months they shouldn't have gas problems anymore really so can I use avent bottles now as well since I have a bunch? He gets gas and upset tummy's easy so I'm nervous. Let me know what u think.

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 5:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well...you can switch if you want. I used both Dr Browns and Avent. Both my son and my daughter ended up preferring Avent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Re-lactation may help. Maybe it's the milk?
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 6:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Gas can be caused by many things..often you find theres a slight tongue tie and it prevents a good seal when nursing/bottlefeeding. Other times it dairy that causes gas. Soy isn't much better though...in fact gas wise its worse.

Have you used Mylicon and gripe water?
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• He has been on Mylicon since he was 2 weeks and Dr. said by the time he is 4 months he shouldn't have to be on it after each feeding, so I'm trying to do everyother feeding now. I can't drink cow milk it upsets my tummy but soy doesn't so I thought that might be good for him. I used a bottle of gripe water (not all at once of course) and that didn't help a ton. I was told by 4 months they shouldn't have gas to bad at all. Should I switch his formula to soy or what other ones would be good?? He is on Emfamil Gental ease ( for gassy and fussy babies pre-digested). Thanks
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 11:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Please don't put your little one on soy. Please research soy first. Here is a link I like it is very informative.http://westonaprice.org/soy/infant.html. Soy has estrogen like properties. Soy is a phytoestrogens or isoflavones to be exact and is harmful to infants.

angelofhope

Answer by angelofhope at 11:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009