Is this unhealthy ?

5 weeks ago I had a beautiful baby girl, 2 days before she was born I went to the hospital thinking I was in labor and I was admitted because my blood pressure was sky high. The next day they had to induce my labor after 10 hours of contractions 1 minute apart and being poked with that huge needle for epidural I caught a seizure and had to get an emergency c-section. I was on massive amounts of medication and barely remember 4 outta the 7 days I was there. At first it was hard to bond with her because I couldn't remember holding her for the 1st time or pretty much anything but now I get anxiety when I'm out and she's home with grandma or even her dad. Like I won't even let him keep her for an hour is this not healthy ?.. Its not because I'm attached I think its more because of what happened to me. What do you think ?

tinymom2be

Asked by tinymom2be at 5:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• im a sahm and so my lil one is with me all the time,last night he went to visit my IL and stayed the night omg i was up till 2 thinking of my boy,i dont like being without him, he is part of my puzzle so i need him around all the time,so i guess your normal to me lol
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I had an emergency C cection and didn't even get to hold my daughter for days. I did what i had to do, visiting her side and making sure i recovered for when she came home. I wasn't on any meds that would make me disoriented. She was in the hospital for 10 days. I wasn't anxious or scared.
    Still everyone handles stress differently. I hope you will get over your anxious feeling because if it goes on for months it is unhealthy and will end up hurting your child.
    Good luck.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i had an emergency c section with my son. he was in distress because of the cord. he was rushed to rainbow babies and childrens hospital while i stayed at a hosp that was 49 miles away. i never held him for 5 days. i did what i had to do to get better and once i was able to finally hold him in the hosp the bond was instant. he stayed in the hosp for 10 days.
    if your condition continues i would seek some assistance from a doctor,. it is very unhealthy for you and your child. my best wishes to you and you child.
    GTMOM41

Answer by GTMOM41 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I had all uncomplicated births and still couldn't leave my babies. This may just be your motherly instincts at play.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 7:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I had an uncomplicated birth with my daughter and I hate leaving her. She's 10 months and it's just now starting to get easier. I agree with momtoeight, it's motherly instincts.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009