potty training idea's for a 1yr old

My son is 23 months old he is to the point where if his pmaper it wet or if he did #2 he will go & get the wipes & a diaper & tell me that his pamper is wet or dirty he has used the potty 1nce & he liked it but now he would rather just use his diaper or piss on my floor lol do any of you POTTY "TRAININ MAMÁS" have any idea's opinions or clue's to what it is I should do?

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can try the little urinals they have for toddlers. It helps them since standing is more natural
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• DO YOU KNOW WERE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY 1?
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• This is how I've been doing training:

I spent 3 days at home letting her run around in cotton undies. I'd put on the potty every 30 minutes, and if she went - whoo hoo party time!

If she started going on the floor, we'd run her to the potty.

It was a very messy and exhausting 3 days because you have to watch 'em like a hawk to run them to the potty the second they start to go.

BUT by the time it's over something will click. If you're lucky your kid will start to tell you when they need to go. Otherwise, you'll at least get what I got: a kid that's very good about going in the potty when we put her on it. We keep her in pull-ups though since there are still a few accidents in-between. I'll get her into cotton undies when she starts telling me she needs to go.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 19 months old and has been trained for a little over a month now. She doesn't ALWAYS say potty but she only has maybe one accident a day. We started with just going to the potty, and then we made a little sticker reward chart because she LOVES stickers! Try finding something that your son enjoys and after every successful potty yey lots of excitement and love showering. I know my daughter was too young to really understand the cloth underwear at the time but I do know some moms will take older children out and have THEM pick the underwear and make it kind of an incentive to use the potty. If he picks it and likes it he will want it, so the thought process I guess would be if you use the potty like a big boy you will be able to wear these.. There are a lot of helpful hints in google.And as far as the URINALS go my friend found one at KMart for her little boy.... He likes to be like Daddy so it helps for him
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2009