Anyone with a Miracle Husband? Does your SO do the laundry for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• hahahahahahaha....no, he doesn't do any housework, he doesn't even make himself a sandwich., but I can't give him too bad a time about it, I don't pump my own gas or change light bulbs myself. I do all the "girl" jobs, and he does the "boy" jobs. I guess we're pretty traditional, but it works for us.....
    For all of you who may think we're raising male chauvinist sons, they are 17, 20 & 26. They all do their own laundry, can do dishes, clean bathrooms, fix meals for themselves, pump their own gas, mow lawns, and patch walls......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Only if I ask him a million times!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• yep, and dishes, give baths, cooks, and helps with homework.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Eh,every now and then he'll do the laundry, but he almost always helps me cook. He also helps with the dishes if I need him too. I am extremely blessed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've got a miracle husband! :o) I think the key to finding such a man is finding one who owns his own home, and has lived on his own (no roommates) for at least 5 years. If the man needs to eat, he learns to cook, and shop for groceries; if he needs to pay his mortgage, he needs to keep himself employed, and learn how to budget; if he needs a button sewn on his clothes, he learns to sew!

This is also true of strong, independent women!!! :o)

P.S. Soemtimes I think my husband makes a better homemaker than I do!! 50/50 all the way!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes my Husband works hard so that I am able to stay home with the children. And when he is home because he works out of town a lot he Is the Best COOK there is. He also helps clean house does a little bit of everything!
    patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 6:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• my husband does so much and yet i want more. i have to learn to appreciate all he does for me more. accept for he never does yard work which gets me peeved. it's to hot and i'm pregnant. so he should do it. oh well at least he cleans the kitchen bathrooms his own laundry etc.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yep! My hubby actually does more laundry than I do! He doesn't like to fold or put it away (I almost always do that) but you won't catch me complaining!! PS We've been married 26 years and counting!! :0)
    VincentsYaya

Answer by VincentsYaya at 8:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• doesnt do the laundry but is great with the kids. helps baths, homework and all the other stuff.
    my3myworld

Answer by my3myworld at 11:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Goodness no! I mean if he needs work clothes and I look at him and say you'll have to do it he'll go and put it through the wash and cary it out to the line, but that's as far as that goes. Dishes is like pulling teeth with him, and he only cooks if i'm working on class work and am hungry! And I wish I could say he doesn't do "my" work I don't do "his", I have replaced the light bulbs, fixed the chairs, I do the hanging and the nailing, and all of the configuring in the house. The one thing I refuse to do is the garbage, I'll take it out of the garbage can and tie it and then set it outside for him to take, and if I don't nag him it will sit there for a week at a time! and then 4 other ones are sitting right next to it! The dumpster is on his way to work! Maybe I just don't know what i'm doing wrong because anyone else can ask him once and poof, it'd done!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2009