Maybe I'm just a little touchy today...

But an offhand comment in the Answers section irked me just a little.

Something about.. most women who have premarital sex end up alone - is the gist of it. Not the exact sentence - because it was in reference to answering a question, but that's what it was.

Anyone agree? I do not.

I had premarital sex - and got married after my son was born and am VERY happily married expecting my second born.

I know it wasn't meant to be offensive, and I'm not. Just a tad irked, but I'm also pretty curious.

Anyone share this woman's feelings? Or disagree? What's your story/reasoning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didnt see it but Ive gotten used to the generalization and stereotyping around here. I think that statement is totally untrue. I think those who make a habit of premarital sex such as sleeping with anyone who comes along might be more suceptible to ending up alone, but the majority of happily married women do have experience with premarital sex. I personally do but only twice before I ended up pregnant. I had my child, we married and had 3 more and that was 14 yrs ago. So its not true for me. Nothing on here irks me anymore......or surpises me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I honestly think that a very inaccurate, silly assumption.  How can anyone actually make that statement? I wouldn't let it irk you too much. Sometimes people talk out of their rears! I am very happily married, and have been with my husband for over 8 years. Although I'm not super proud to admit it, I too had premarital sex. Everyone makes mistakes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't believe premarital sex is a good thing, but I wouldn't go so far as to generalize it and say that all women who do it are going to end up alone. I think the ones who have zero respect for themselves and do it with anyone and everyone might have issues, but i know people who have only done it with one person after they know they are in a serious relationship and things can work out just fine for them. I still personally don't agree with it, but it's obvious the statement isn't true for everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• just more propaganda put out by the holier then thou crowd!
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 7:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009