What do you think the absolute baby essentials are?

what and how many of the "what" do you need for newborn at hospital and at home. please tell me anything you can think of that a baby would need and how many thanks..~~~~

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some diapers, a few onsies, a bed, and 2 breasts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• ... oh... and a car seat, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• This is a really tough question when I think of all the things I have bought in the past for my children. I can probably answer better what arent good things to buy but here goes.
    Nighties/onesies, baby bath - a regular plastic one, cotton sheets for swaddeling, carrycot/stroller, car chair, thermometer, baby listener would be an option but not an essential on my list. 2 cellular blankets and 4 flat sheets for the crib.
    lovebdus

Answer by lovebdus at 6:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Oops forgot diapers!
    lovebdus

Answer by lovebdus at 6:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Diapers, breasts, a good swaddling blanket, and a car seat.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• diapers,a few outfits,onsies,blankets,carseat,bottles/formula if you FF. a pump if you are BF'ing
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• gas drops! cant forget those =)
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Car seat, crib, crib sheets, blankets, some onsies, diapers, wipes, baby shampoo, baby powder, BabyBjorn/sling and a stroller when they get to be like 6 months...... and a few toys once they get to be about 6 months...... I never bought tons of baby stuff and never needed it. I think the list above is pretty much all that I bought (actually I didn't buy a single thing since my mom made me wait till after my shower to go shopping and boy was I happy I waited lol) O and highchair around 6 months as well..... Also I loved my boppy but that was given to me and I don't tihnk I would have bought it if it wasn't.... Same thing with the bumbo, also was given a baby bath tub thing but the kitchen sink with a towel in it works fine......
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 9:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• a swaddling blanket, a swing, and one of those bouncers that vibrate, believe me when your baby has an upset tummy and is screaming for an hour, you'll be thankful for them. oh and infant tylenol!
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Me, a couple of breasts, some clothes and a few cloth diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009