What to do about tithing when you move?

I'm preparing to move and am wondering about how I'm going to tithe until I find a new church? So could someone explain to me how this all works? lol. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Generally tithing is done to the church/organization that is feeding you spiritually. If youre going to be moving churches, then ask God what he would desire you to do with your tithe. You could also keep sending your money to your church until you find a new church home. God looks at whats in your heart, so dont get too worried about it. God sees that you truly want to give with a cheerful heart and thats what hes looking for. I would just do the same thing youve been doing until something comes along that you feel God would have you support. My grandmother financially supports a bible teacher on tv because thats where she gets her spiritual growth from. She likes him and refuses to go to church, so she sends her tithe to him. Its whatever you feel God is leading you to do, theres no rules about whats right and wrong. Thats legalism. Good luck on your move!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Could you just make yourself a little piggy bank out of a Mason jar or something and put the amount you normally tithe away until you go to church again?
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• better figure it out quick before the almighty sends you to hell for missing a payment!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Hey if i was you i would save it up untill you find the new church and then pay it all there when you get to the new church... God bless and hope everything works out for you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It's easy to find a new church of your denomination, just crack open the local phone book, or see if your church has a website with all the locations listed.

...unless of course your looking for a whole new denomination, then, yeah, I'd just put it away.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• why not give it to a local charity/organization while your between churches? they can always use extra $$..or if you're not comfortable with that, use the tithe $$ to personally buy foods/goods for a charity, like a shelter or crisis center.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with Hinson. Save up the tithe. then when you find your new church. Give it to them :) No worries God will bless you :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We tithe to what is feeding our spirtuality at the moment- since we do not belong to a church we tithe to Joel Osteen mostly and also spread our finances to things that are dear to our heart with our children, like March of Dimes and cancer research.... my husband is a professional musician and the other day he "tithed" to a nursing home by playing without charge....you are in the right as a person to give money to something you find valuable- whether it be a charity or a church, just know you are doing a good job!
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We dont tithe per say but we do send money to 6 charities every month.. I think it would be ok if you donated the title money to an organization that you feel would prosper from it and that would make you feel like you were doing what was right... or send it back to your old church til you find a new church to tithe to
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think that it is up to you to continue to be faithful in knowing that all our money comes as a blessing from God. As you check out different churches, I would encourage you to give your tithe to the church you visited that day. Even if you do not end up attending that church, God may have placed you for that very reason.
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2009