Planning a mothers club event. Want to use antique cups and saucers as center pieces. Any ideas on what I can put in the cup centers????-

looking for crafty mothers to help me. Need table center pieces, want to use antique cups and saucers, but need ideas as to what I might put into the cups.

mommymo1232323

Asked by mommymo1232323 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Buy oasis from your local florist. Foam for fresh flowers not foam for dried that you find at the craft store. Soak it in water for a least an hour. Cut the amount you need. Then add roses or small flowers. So easy! Go to your local farmer's market to find regional flowers to get more for your money.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I was going to suggest flowers too! My second thought was chocolate!!! You know different individual wrapped pieces of chocolate...what woman doesn't like chocolate?
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I was going to suggest colored water with really pretty floating candles. Cost effective, pretty, and probably fragrant! Have fun!
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 10:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• How many do you have to make and when do you need them? We had a mother-daughter tea once where they took a bunch of antiquey looking items and charms and hot glued them into the cup along with a music button. It created a music box keepsake for each lady to take home with them.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• How about a Fancy Flavored Tea Bag. You can easily make them yourself with cheese cloth and some loose tea, make a fancy gift tag and viola. Good Luck
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009