Do you think you or your SO is better for you child/children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think we are equally good for our child and one coming up.
    My DH represents one thing to my DS and I represent another... We balance out the parental scale.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with K Sawyer. I am better in some things and vice versa.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• better for? or better WITH? *Sigh* complicated one. this morning I woke up laaaaaaate and it was so insanely hot in her. I found that my daughter had been lounging around which my DH hates. He scolded her very, very VERY badly for laying down at a non nap/bed time. I know though she was just lethargic from the extreme heat. and on the other hand.... my health and weight keeps me from taking them on bike rides, crawling around on the floor with them, etc. So i am better FOR them. but he is better WITH them
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We each have our own strengths and weaknesses. I am better at the emotional stuff and he is better at building swords and shields. I do homework patrol, he does bikes rides and skiings. I do have to say that he is better at polishing nails on our DD, though - LOL.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• DH has no patience, empathy and seems to lack any capacity to even attempt to understand how a toddler's mind works. So I vote for myself.
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 8:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Definitely me. Half the time, I feel like a single parent. One of my worst fears in life is that something will happen to me and DH will be left to raise the kids. He has no clue. I just pray he could find a good woman to marry quickly to be stepmom to my girls if I wasn't here anymore cause he has no idea how to do things!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My SO and I are a team, together we make sure both of our children have everything they need from good parental role models to healthy play. That is not to say either is less of a parent then the other or that we can not parent alone, however together we are what is best for both of our children.

Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Honestly, my DH is great for our boys in many ways. However, his work schedule leaves him little time to actually be around us. So, Im it for my boys the majority of the time.

Therefore, Im better for them because Im what they know and are used to.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I believe that both of us are equally important for our children. We have different strengths and different weaknesses. But our value as parents is the same.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009