Would you be riding a motorcycle while pregnant?

I have a good friend who is on her 2nd pregnancy. Her first, she miscarried early on. I told her she probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle being only 2 months pregnant. she got all mad at me and said her dr told her to do normal activities and that was one of her normal activities. IMO riding a motorcycle is unsafe. I'm wondering what you all think about that being that this is a high risk pregnancy to begin with...

jenjen1107

Asked by jenjen1107 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's any less safe than driving in a car or walking down the street. Anything can happen at anytime, she needs to live her life normally and not worry that every little thing can cause a miscarriage.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i dont think its any unsafe than a car either. As long as you are driving safely, and not speeding or doing tricks or anything. if it is something he is used to doing then more than likely she knows how to handle it. some people drive quads and dirtbikes while pregnant and as long as they are careful their dr usually tells them its okay.

i think it was very rude to say that to her.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i wouldnt ride a motorcycle anyway, but if its what i did then i would keep on doing it.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• why was it rude of me? i'm trying to look out for my friend. last time she was pregnant, she was put on bedrest and decided to fly to vegas and walk around for 5 days...magically she miscarried. i dont want to see her go through that pain again.
    jenjen1107

Answer by jenjen1107 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• she sounds kind of inmature to me........no I would not ride a motorcycle, it is not just as safe as riding in a car. You'd think this time she'd be a little more carful after not following her dr's directions and misscaring....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• you can't compare a motorcycle to a car. i was really young with my first and rode a 4 wheeler atv and wouldn't you know but my baby had his cord wrapped around his neck twice and had to have c-section. she, your friend probably won't even get to her birth. i guess she really doesn't want this pregnancy. also if you wreck in a car your safer then a motorcycle. most accidents in motorcycle are from people not seeing you and then they hit you. my mother worked in a law firm where lots of motorcycle accidents and they were extremely horrible deaths.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Ive never been on a motorcycle. but loved 4wheeling growing up... I think I would keep riding unless the dr. said not too....
    But if i miscarried with my first child I think I would do every single thing possible to take care of myself & every take every precaution possible.. So for baby #2, NO I would NOT be riding...

(This reminds me on MTV they have the show 16 & Pregnant. One of the girls is shown riding 4wheelers & stuff while pregnant)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would have done it! If doc oks it, why not?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've been riding quads forever. My baby is perfectly healthy and fine.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 7:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• because its almost like you were saying YOURE PUTTING YOUR CHILD IN DANGER... she probably took it as though she wasnt being a good parent.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009