What kind of gifts could I & Santa get my daughter for christmas????

I want to start shopping early, but this will be my first christmas having to buy stuff for my daughter and she will be 10 months at christmas. I have no idea what sort of things to buy a 10 month old... at that age, do they know what a present is? maybe not know what christmas is yet and understand it, but do they understand toys and get excited about them at that age??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will be more excited about the wrapping paper. Get her some toys and wrap them all and just let her have at it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Toys to work on walking, toys that talk, baby dolls, a stroller for her doll(she can push it around), fabric books, a new carseat(?) if shes not in a convertible yet,
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Toys to help her walk that she can push around, or things she can pull up to stand with like little activity tables
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• my lil girl will be 9 months..good question! (i always wondered too) ...considering i am SOOOO excited for her 1st christmas that i even started a mini christmas list;)
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 1:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• get her some clothes 12 to 18 months if she doesnt have that already. my daughter will be 13 months the day after christmas.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My daughter was 9 months old for her first Christmas. She didn't know what the heck was going on, so we kept it kind of low keyed. Santa got her some Baby Genuis/Baby Einstien videos, stacking rings, teething cookies, bath toys, and some "jingly" things. She was overwhelmed by the entire thing. My advice - take it slow with her. Get just a few items that are age appropriate. I had other people get her toys or clothes that she would "grow into" and then I kept them in the boxes until she was old enough to use them. She won't know Santa until about age 3. Then, they'll be plenty of years that Santa will be "overbuying" and worrying about Christmas lists! So, ENJOY this time! LOL
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• She will like the box and paper the best but my DD just turned one at Christmas and she got building blocks, bath toys, books, puzzles, stroller for baby doll, baby doll, riding toy,outside things for the next Summer like a outside riding toy, sand box, water sprinkler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• just a few small gifts...Thye don't get exited at all at this age and the paper is more thrilling to them than any gift! My daughter was 9mos last x-mas. She ended up with alot because of family but we bought her that stoller they can push and she walked at that age ( she walked early!) so it was perfect then we got a soft doll for it and the crawling pooh. BUT she was more interetsed in the paper and kinda fussy that day because she was so confused why that day was so different! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• :o) eventhough this was not my question lol I was thinking the same thing but thanks for all the great answers!!!
    ShellyBelly226

Answer by ShellyBelly226 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my baby will 10 months at xmas so thanks again for the great answers
    ShellyBelly226