AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET PREGGO RIGHT AFTER I STOP THE BIRTHCONTROL?

I WAS PLANNING ON GETTING PREG IN THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER, PLANNED EVERYTHING WITH THE DOC NOW HOW EASY IS IT REALLY GOING TO BE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It all depends. Some women do and others don't. I was pregnant 7 months after going off. I stopped in June and was pregnant in December. It took 7 cycles. You can't really over plan or you will stress yourself out. Other doctors want you to have 2 cycles before you try to get more regulated. I hope it works out. If there was a perfect method, I would have had all April or May babies. I have 2 Sept. kids, and one Feb.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i got pregnant 2 weeks after stopping the pill.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes! I just recently was watching a program on TV where a specialist stated that the very first day you go off of b.c that you can become pregnant! I did not know this either!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've been trying for 13 months, and I have a three year old. I apparently just stopped ovulating. So, who knows? Maybe you will, maybe it will take a year. Good luck.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• October sounds reasonable if know when you are most likely fertile. I got pregnant in 2005 two months after getting off of the pill. You are extremely fertile after getting off of the pill, because your body has gone without ovulating for so long. So once it gets the "go ahead" its like a race! lol
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• like others have said, it could be instant or like me it could take 2 years
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I also was pregnant within 2 weeks of stopping birth control.
    MinnieMagic

Answer by MinnieMagic at 12:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2009