anyone else upset the NFL let Michael Vick play again

im floored with the NFL and more so with my Eagles team for letting someone of his nature back into football. by doing so it underminds the seriousnes of animal cruelty i mean come on the NFL bans ppl for stuff like drugs or alcohol but not a feloney act of animal cruelty i think they should never have let him back in the NFL to play with nothing more then a slap on the wrists..i mean how convenient of them to lift his ban just as the football season was getting underway.hmmm sounds fishy to me..but thats just my opinion whats yours...

and no im not posting this anon because that would mean im ashamed of my belife that all animal abusers should be convicted of a higher crime..im not going to hide..

*SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN NOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES*

connorsmom22607

Asked by connorsmom22607 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I think he shouldn't be allowed back in :(
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 7:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think it's disgusting and I think anyone who says "Well, he did his time" is a fucking moron, excuse my french. If this had happened to a child he'd be in jail for a much longer time and wouldn't be able to serve the rest of his time on house arrest in his mansion. But because it was an animal nobody gives a shit. I'm sure by giving him his highly paying job back he'll really learn his lesson.. asshole..
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well, I'm not even going to touch the specific cases but it is my opinion convicted felons...ANY felon should have no place in professional sports. PERIOD.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It is just another example of how the sports world dominates and does not care about rules and regulations. If you play well, you get excused for just about any damn thing. I also think it sets a horrible example for young athletes from every race, and sport. No one is held accountable. The ultimate punishment would have been to shun him from the NHL and all of football.  Maybe he should be tied to a tree and have 15 pit bulls go at him.  Then I would be ok with that.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i think everyone has done stuff in the past and you can only learn from it. he did his time (not enough though) and i think he should be able to play again. but i do think it was way too fast. i think he should have at least been suspended for a while.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think whether he did time or not, what he did was so horrible that he shouldn't be allowed back into professional sports. Who wants to root for someone who has done something so cruel and inhumane? Who wants to root for a team that would choose a player who has done something so vile? I don't and I wouldn't encourage my kids to do so. Just because you've done what the law requires of you doesn't mean that you deserve all of the privileges that you had before you committed a crime. I know he thinks that he can make up for what he did by doing charitable things for other animals......well, that's nice, but I'm sorry it doesn't make up for the animals that were treated so cruelly. In my opinion, no he shouldn't be playing, and I won't watch that's for sure.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'm not upset about it at all. He needs a job, and he's trained to be a pro football player. Isn't the point of releasing him from jail is for him to become a functioning part of society (eg-getting a job)?

People in this world do worse things than he did, and get off scot-free, and no one blinks an eye. He got caught, was arrested and incarcerated. He's apologized, and now it's time to let him prove that he's sorry. Making him find a dead-end job at McDonald's isn't going to benefit anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The NFL probably took him back after they realised that most fans didn't care about his past (most fans beings male) and because he was good at what he did . I'm not an animal activist nor do I have any pets so it didn't touch me on a personal level.
    Go GREENBAY! :)
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 8:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• he wont be in the NFL long no matter what team hes on there will be protests and outrages from the fans and it will haunt him for his life which i hope it does but no team wants bad publisity so i give it a few months before hes gone for good..like T.O. hes a liablity to the sport..unfortunatly T.O. is buffalos problem now good luck with his mouth....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Everybody deserves a second chance, what he did is HORRIBLE and I do not think he did enough time, but that has nothing to do with the NFL and everything to do with our court system. Nobody in this world is perfect....nobody, and once his sentence was up he paid his debt and has a right to live his life and earn a living. He should not be seen as a role model, he is a football player who is human...period.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009