Has anyone ever had complications of there teeth hurting after the root canal is finished and the crown is on? This is my 2nd time taking antibotics for pain after the root canal is done? I thought you didn't have any nerve in the tooth after it's taken out?

webbster6

Asked by webbster6 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• I had problems after my root canal. I had to go to a specialist to have him go deeper then the regular dentist could go....Havent had problems since.
    judy35Mom2x

Answer by judy35Mom2x at 10:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes it's possible to still have some nerve, they don't always know and x-rays don't always show or they can't always see... talk to your dentist or find another one..
    nunyabiznz

Answer by nunyabiznz at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There can be pain after a root canal. I had some pain after my first one. Talk to your dentist. They can give you a steroid to knock the swelling out.
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 1:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I had a few root canals, and every single time the tooth still bothered me afterwards.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I am going through this now.I have the temp on and get the crown in a couple of weeks.I am on a second go around for antibiotics.Hope it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009