Haha. Sometimes I just have to laugh at MIL.......

First let me share that she's on me and my husband's account. She has been since he was a minor and neither he nor she have any intent on taking her off. Anyway, she's decided to put us on a budget. (rolls eyes). She informed me yesterday that I am only allowed to take out $300 per month, and of this $300, I'll be using it to pay the electric bill, the rest I may use for me and my daughter ($150 or less a month). I also told her I'd be taking $100 out of his checking and transferring it to savings but she said no, she's taking $100 out and putting it into a different savings acct for him, one of which I have no access to btw. I know, this is his fault too for being up his mom's ass, but still, that wench has no legal rights to his money or any damn business in it. There's really no nice way for me to tell her that though, so I just have to live with it right? F*ck my life... ;)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Okay, my sons are 17, 20 & 26....when they first had their bank accounts as kids I was on them. When they became adults, I took myself off the accounts. When they live because they don't pay rent, I make them put a certain amount of money in savings, they have to show me the statements to keep me from charging rent. Once they move out, I am no longer in their money business at all. It's their money, they need to handle it themselves. When my 26 year old was living with his fiance, I didn't have anything to do with their money!!

This is a very inappropriate relationship. You're in for big trouble if this is your MIL. You need to talk to your husband and make it clear that you are adults, and their are certain parts of your relationship that you share with your parents, and certain parts that are private, sex and money. The only time your in laws should have a say is if you are borrowing money from them, or ask their advice!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• God no.. can't you just remove her name yourself?? I would tell them either she be removed, or you will permanently remove her-- or that you are leaving. That sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• why i is she sharing an account with you?? im sorry but i can be super nice but heck no to that junk girly,start your own account.omg that is so mama controlling,you need to move out,for sure start your own account.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• omg, get her off now, or make your own acct, this is just one more thing she has control over...he's out of the house, she has no right to his money AT ALL! this is not healthy for the relationship...
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Take her off and open your own she needs to let go he has children and she has no say to what he or you can spend and what not. I would lose my shit if I had to deal with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Why don't you just open up a new account? Why do you put up with them controlling you ?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• take all the money out of the account's and open a new one and tell her she can keep the saving for ur hubby with her until your hubby need's it. She is a control freak.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 8:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• That was supposed to be when they live at home...sorry.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• does the money go straight into the account? if so, just open another account change it so it goes into that one instead of the one he has now. no way would i let my MIL have access to our account
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well, he's in the army and has his direct deposit set up to said account. I am just a joint owner to it, I'm a sahm so the only money I get is child support from my other daughter, and the money that me and my husband share together. I have my own account but there's really not much in it. I have 2 separate savings accts for the girls. But I can't open another acct because his money is set up to go into our joint acct, and I know he won't go and have it changed, he's too lazy. Believe me I want her off more than anything...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2009