I am lonely and wonder what to do how to find

friends. My dh & I are older ppl w/a young child. When we were 1st together he was like friends just hurt you we don't need any.Now he has one and I don't. I work fulltime like him he is now doing mud drags w/a friend from work while every1 I know is either young w/kids or older no kids. I am so lonely & just want a person to hang with. How would I go about doing that at my age w/ a young one. I am just sick over the fact that I have always had friends but the ppl @ dd's school are young & don't want to hang with an older lady.
I had a ton of friends w/my 1st dh but they went with him during our divorce so I have no one.
I try to talk to ppl all the time but I have no one just to confide in other then here on CM'S Help me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• is there a group on cm based in your area?? i found moms of different ages in my city through CM. this is a great resource if you use it right. finding a group near you is the first step. you can explain your situation of being older with a young child. as your kids get older get involved in the school. you'll meet classroom parents, teachers, staff, etc. if your kids are involved in extra stuff too, just get involved.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• All the moms in my group actually live about 150 miles away and that's to far for a good relationship. I know some of the moms in my dd's class but they are young and I would be more like their moms age. IDK it's so hard when you feel so lonely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My DH and I are older with young children (7&2). Our friends our age all have teens. My DH has friends through his hobby as well, but I find it difficult with the children. I do have one good friend, her children are close in age to mine but she's 12 years my junior! lol but we do things and have fun. I've met most of my friends through my oldest son's therapies and such. Perhaps if you took a class (pottery, etc) you might meet someone with similar interests. Good luck! :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009