im 2months pregnant and i cant eat red meat, even the smell makes me vomit what can i eat to replace iron?

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• Just take your vitamins for iron.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Just take your prenatal vit. It should have all the iron you need. I couldn't take those because they made me sick so I had to take two Flinstone's a day, lol.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Like many other nutrients, plant based iron is superior to animal based. Eating a vitamin C source with your iron source will increase your body's absorption of the iron.

Here is a great list of iron sources: http://www.soystache.com/iron

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• nuts, peanut butter, beans
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• ganja butter baby, takes care of the nausea and it doesn't affect the baby, promise! cooking with marijuana you should youtube it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I switched to turkey burger. not as much iron but it has less unhealthy fat. And seriously anything citris smelling should calm your tummy.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Green Leafy Veggies! Great for you and they have Iron! Leafy lettuce, broccoli, asparagus! Also look for iron fortified cereals and pastas and things. When I was pregnant- I felt the same way about chicken. But I was fine by 4 months and could eat chicken again. Crazy hormones!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009