Bringing diaper bag for a lap baby (airplane travel question)???

If I am travelling with a baby in my lap, am I allowed to bring her diaper bag as a carry-on, in ADDITION to my one carry-on item and my purse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Travel

• When we flew I was able to have 1 bag for the baby, a carry on and a purse. I have flown several times and a diaper bag was always allowed.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 10:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• No you can bring two bags so put your purse in the diaper bag or in the other bag. Better yet call the airport and ask them..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I can't urge you strongly enough to use a carseat on the plane. Besides being easier to handle your child, who understands what being in a carseat means, in the event of extreme turbulence a lap baby can become a projectile.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you can not afford to purchase a seat for your baby under the age of two, then don't it is very expensive and with the economy is sometimes not an option. If you hold on to your baby during extreme turbulence, your baby will be just fine...now if the plane crashes it won't matter if your holding your baby or if baby is in a car seat, chances of survival a slim.

To answer your question, you will need to put your purse in your carry on or diaper bag...you are only allowed two carry on's.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• OP

I don't own a car, so my daughter doesn't sit in a car seat at all. If I purchased a tcket for her, she would wind up sitting in my lap anyway. I don't have $400 to waste on a seat that won't be used. She'll be just fine on my lap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009