Why Is it so hard to find someone to date and make friends when you have children?

I have real trouble finding friends or anybody to date because of my children, it seems like alot of people are judgemental towards me because i'am 22 with two children but as long as i' am stepping up and taking care of my children i dont see the problem... What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I found it very easy to make friends when I had children. I wasn't looking for a guy friend, though. But other moms with children and I just seemed to start talking and many of them would get together for coffee or lunch or play dates. Having children means you have basic interests in common, there is so much to talk about when children are the common ground.

Smile and be interested in what the other moms say. Be around where there are other moms and children- the pool, the playground, the library, church, and so forth. Act confident and pleasant (maybe you come across as shy?) .

As for dates... I am thinking church again, or taking classes at the Y or college, or volunteer work- you may be able to meet someone with shared interests. Or how about Parents Without Partners, that's a good way to meet people.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If these people don't want to be friend you then you don't want those people around you or your children. Some people are judgemental yes but just cont. taking care of your children and the right person will come into your life when you least expect it and they will love you and your children.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think that unless you are making friends with people who have kids in your childrens age group, it is hard to find people in OUR age group that are willing to do something besides go out and drink (which is hard for us to do because we have kids!)

I have made friends at work, and we go out on occasion, for example tomorrow a couple of us will be going to the beach but my daughter will be coming as well.

Its hard to find something in common with someone who leads a totally different lifestyle than you. If your kids are in daycare, try seeing if any of the other moms are in the same age group as you and try setting up playdates for your kids, and get to know them that way.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i think that i lot of guys dont like to dated women who have childern because that like their freedom and dont what to to care for childern that dont belong to him and if i person cant accpened my childern than i feel that me and that person cant not be freinds because im not be my self anymore so you would have to love me and my childeren. those is my feeling about the question
    erica2525

Answer by erica2525 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2009