I just found out im going to have triplets

wow i dont even know where to begin with this but what do i need to do before they come and how do i prepare my son for his new brothers or sisters?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would sell one to start a college fund for the other two...

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Wow.. I can't imagine having multiples (its my worse fear.. lol) But congrats!

I can't imagine that its going to be much different then preparing for one... except times 3 :-P And I imagine you are going to want LOTS of help when you have them.. at least I know I would!

Good luck!

Answer by Skye-Angel at 9:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• holy smack woman you only have two boobs!!

you have to pick out six names!

start saving money now and buying diapers when they're onsale

Answer by staciandababy at 9:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I hope that first response was a joke! anyway.... congrats!!!! that is wonderful! good luck with that too, I don't think you would be given such a task (raising trips) if you were not able to handle the challenge. I doubt that I could handle it!

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• you would do the same thing you would do for one baby. And no, chances are you do not need 3 of everything! Unless you have tons of money and want to buy 3 of everything.

Also, if you are working, be prepared to stop just in case you get put on bed rest. ANYTHING can happen. With multiples you have a greater risk of problems, so obviously you want to take it easy. Do whatever you have to to carry these babies as far as you can!!

Congratulations!!!! :-)

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• HAHAHA the first response was funny.

Answer by staciandababy at 9:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I know a woman who has triplets. She has plenty of help. ! She has a postpartum doula to help her to be able to breastfeed and cloth diaper them all. (Has older children, too!) She is so cool~ relaxed and cool about it all, laughing off the drama of it all. Great attitude helps her!!

How old is your son?

Answer by doulala at 9:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Oh, have my sympathy. I "just" had twins--I can't imagine THREE. Two are more than enough of a handful for me. As the above poster said, with multiples you do have a greater risk. Mine were born prematurely at 33 weeks and spent 5 weeks in the NICU. I was already in the hospital at that point, as I had developed preeclampsia. This was AFTER I had been put on complete bed rest after going into premature labor at 28 weeks. I would suggest getting preemie outfits in multiples of three, but for most stuff wait and see, because most likely they're going to be in the NICU for a period of time and you will have an opportunity to shop for what you need before your new additions come home.

Answer by SaraCVT at 9:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Congratulations!!! I know you must be thrilled and terrified all at the same time....don't shoot me for saying this..but maybe you could get some tips on multiples from watching Jon and Kate plus 8...Just kidding...Good Luck and God Bless....

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I can only imagine the excitment and the fear running through your mind. I would start saving now and start telling big brother about the babies.

Answer by TheWAHM at 10:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2009