BFN!!! :. (

My period is due today and I took a HPT and I got a BFN. I am soo disappointed. I thought for sure I was going to get a BFP and I didn't. I have been having symptoms now for at least 4 days. Did I calculate wrong?! My last period was July 18-22. I found out I was ovulating the 28th-3rd. So am I right that I am supposed to be starting today? Shouldn't I be able to get a correct result? I took a First Response test. I figure I will wait til next Saturday the 22nd to take another one if AF still hasn't shown up. I am just so upset and I keep questioning if all of the symptoms and everything are in my head. Any advice, support, or opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 9:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• im in a similar situation hunny... i know its confusing and sucks... i wish you luck!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• pregnancy symptoms are similar to period symptoms for some gals. if you were due today & got a neg. you probably aren't pregnant this time. there's no guarantee of preg. just becaue you know when you ovulated & had sex. if it were that easy everyone would be pregnant the first try!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Dont be so sure.. My cousin Has been trying for the last couple months and She would take a pregnancy test like all the time.. Her tests would come out BFN but finally about 4-8 weeks after her missed period, she took another test and it was Positive.. For some reason, her tests dont show up positive until like a month or two after she is pregnant.. So.. u never know. :)
    Stefanie1115

Answer by Stefanie1115 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think you tested too early. Allegedly tests show a positive at ten days. Me, I waited till 18.

Also...what time of day? MUST be first morning urine or you've wasted a test.

If you are NOT using "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechlser...then GET the book if you are not pregnant this cycle. You will know TO THE DAY when you ovulated, and you'll know you're pregnant without a test. (Which is why I waited till day 18...18 days of high temps = pregnancy, unequivocally. The test told me nothing I didn't already know!)

I CANNOT recommend that book highly enough. We tried for nearly a year and wasted a mint on ovulation kits. Plus lots of wasted time with online fertility monitors. PLUS I dragged DH to a clinic. And it turned out that our timing was for crap all along. ONE month of charting and we were pregnant because we finally got our timing right.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my first child a hosp told me i was not pregnant, my second child i had a poss home preg test. when my current husband and i tried to get preg it took us 5 yrs, we had fetility test done on him, i took and stopped taking fertility drugs and everything. when we finally stopped trying saying it just wasnt ment to happen bingo i found out i was pregnant. wish i had all the money that i spent on all that stuff. probably could send her to college with it. but anyhow good luck to you i know it is the worst when you want a baby so very bad and are having troble. hang in there honey it will happen when the time is right.
    GTMOM41

Answer by GTMOM41 at 4:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• In some people, me included, the markers(hCG in urine) that home tests look for are low or slow to change. If you still are having symptoms, are still getting a negative on the home test and have not gotten your period, go to the doctor to have a blood test done. Blood test are more sensitive to the amount of hCG in your system. Most home tests work best 5-10 days after your period is officially late.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 5:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009