Has this ever happened to you?

I had to go into the hospital to get checked out because I couldn't get into my doc's office when I thought I might have a problem, and while I was there the nurse said I had dilated 3cm. I went to my doc's office the following week and he said I had only dilated 1 cm. When I tried to ask him how I could be told such a difference he just gave me a rude answer that didn't answer my question at all. So I was wondering does anyone know how there could be such a difference in the numbers other than one of them just not knowing what they are doing?

ramita

Asked by ramita at 9:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well an inexperienced nurse may have told you the wrong thing. sometimes if a person has small hands they can misread it. just go by what your doc said and what your body is telling you.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Different hands can get different measurements, but might be more likely that the sphincter closed at this particular person's brashness, attitude... It happens. :-(

I encourage you to avoid more exams if possible.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• your nurse is just that, a nurse, your doctor actually should be more accurate.
    one goes to school for 4 years one goes to school and specialises for 10
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• From what I can understand, you can go from a higher number in dilation to a smaller.. I might have misunderstood but I know thats what I've read before.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 9:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well, my body feels like the baby is about to fall out...especially if I have to get up in the middle of the night...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 4:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2009