What's your city like?

Mine is really live. In some places it's terrible because of the crime and abuse. In ot hers, it's breathtaking beauty! There's lots of history here and good food. I live in Chicago, IL.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• boring as heck i live in lake charles louisiana nothing here to do or see no crime no nothing just alot of country poeple
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• a lot of variety. There is a junior college that people from all over the country come to, so near there is a bunch of apartments and stuff. There is a lively part, but its never really out of hand. The rest is suburbs and nearf the city limits is country, a lot of vineyards. I live in Santa Rosa, ca...wine country
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• home, it like many large metropolitan cities it has it's problems but to the very core of it is a population of people who love it, and call it home. I don't live in the middle of the city - I live more so on the out skirts so I don't see as much crap as some do. I grew up here and for me there's no place like it - we travel a lot but every single time we cross that state line I close my eyes and say - I'm home.

I live in Baltimore, Maryland.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Me too! We are in West Roger Park. Where are you?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I love my city....it's a real university/medical city with students who want to help and study families like mine with children on the Autism spectrum...I feel like I can give back and get help at the same time....and the beauty that surrounds us is incredible....only minutes to trails in any direction and a waterfront trail that runs along the shore of Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence....Gorgeous and friendly !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Oh, great food, chuck full of historical crap - Federal Hill, Annapolis Naval Academy, our crapy O's and Ravens and our beloved Maryland crab (that we just got finish feasting on this evening) it's expensive as hell but a summer isn't a summer til you've had at lease a dozen and that will set you back about 60 bucks a dozen.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Oh, another thing is we have the famed Johns Hopkins Medical Hospital and University and the University of Maryland (the nations first public medical school and it happens to be where I've been employed for the last 9yrs) so if your ass gets sick we'll fix ya up real quick. Can you say Shock Trauma???
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• @ rkoloms - I live in the Merrill Park area, on Chicago's southeast side.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Kitchy, hipster, mom~friendly, cheap, quiet, green~ Olympia, Washington.
    Left my heart in Oakland, California though~ diy heaven! If you can get past the gritty nature of the urban sprawl, it's an awesome place with something for everyone.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 10:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I live in among hundreds of single family residences in a hispanic community. There are gangs here but I rarely see them around. They come out and do their drive-bys at 4am but never on my street thank goodness. I have lived here all of my life! I live next door to my mom where I was raised. Everything is within driving distance from the beach to the city to the desert to the mountains. I live just outside of Los Angeles.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009