if i have to go to the hospital in an ambulance and have no one to care for my 4 month old what will happen with my baby? as well as during tests (ekg, cat scans etc.) and things like that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why would you have to go to the hospital? You're not close with any of your neighbors? I'm sure if worse came to worst, then they would bring your baby along.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am a paramedic and it is against policy to have an infant under 2 years old to ride in ambulance unless they are the ones being cared for., here in Nj and in nc i know they will have a social worker com pick the child up and bring them to the hospital and then they have staf members that will care for the child if u need a CS or MRI done
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am sorry that you feel so alone that you feel like that you have no one to call in an emergency. Please reach out to a neighbor or co-worker ANYONE, tell them you have no family close and ask if you can get to know them for "In case of Emergency" Make an emergency plan.
    I ended up having to take my Dh to the ER at 2am. I had no plan in place, and had to bring all 4 kids along. It was a horrible night.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 10:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you have enough time to type on here then its not an ambulance event. Find a babysitter and have someone drive you to the hospital
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• You need a plan in place.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well I found out..they took my dd with me since i didnt have anyone else to care for her. my mom disabled and wouldnt not have been able to care for my very very active daughter. They said they had to take dd anyways since she is breastfed and there was no question as what to do about it. While there they found a nurse to hold her during procedures where i could still see them . Thanks for all the responses =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2009