Itching during pregnancy- Help Needed

I am 33 weeks pregnant and itch so bad I can not stand it. My arms and legs only...

I only itch at night and it is about to drive me up a wall. Hot baths do not work, oatmeal has not helped me at all and I have tried every lotion I can buy and nothing helps the itching.

I am not sure if it is pregnancy related or not, but I am about out of options here to try and stop it.

Anyone else have itching during pregnancy and how did you stop it?

TheWAHM

Asked by TheWAHM at 10:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had itching on only my belly that I really remember and I used lavender oil on it. It worked like a charm. My MIL is a certified aromatherapist and says that lavender is okay to use while pregnant. If you have anything like a Trader Joes, Whole Foods, New Seasons, anything kind of store like that you can find some. GL hun.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• hot water is making it worse. put oil on damp skin, like coconut or olive.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i had itching on my legs arms and belly it was bad my doc told my to put anti-itch cream on it and it really didnt work so if you find anything let me know because i have a felling it will happen again next time
    lilbit85

Answer by lilbit85 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• wash ur bed sheets and blankets and dont use dryer sheets. Maybe get a fan that helps with dust in the house, what are they called, like hepa fans or something. I have two. Maybe it could be ur room or bed sheets, so get a fan for ur room
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 3:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You can take Zyrtec while pregnant and that will help. Also, are you retaining water? Sometimes if you swell it causes a tingling/itching feeling. If so, drink plenty of ice cold water and you can take vitamin B-6 to help. Ask you dr what mg of B-6 is right for you, because too much is not a good thing.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We do have a health food store here, I will go in and see tomorrow if they have a lavender or coconut oil. I will try anything at this point.

I have tried the Benadryl cream and it did not do anything. It still makes no since to me why I ONLY itch at night.

I am not retaining water. I will ask my doctor about the B-6. I got back on Wed.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 10:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009