At what age did your baby stop useing head support in their carseat??

my daughter is 8 1/2 monthd old now. she crawls, holds her own bottle with ease, shes even standin. she can stand by herself but is too afraid to, she walks with niw problem when u hold her hands. however i still use a head support in her convertable carseat. its the snug bug one that the air flows threw. anywho its becoming a pain bc shes gall and the straps cant go any higher for rear facing seats so the head support slumps, annoying until i FINALLY convince her to sit on her seat. the carseat came with a lil 3panel extra padding thing that looks like it could be a head support but for a toddler? bc he carseat goes from 5~45 lbs. she passes out very fast in the car so im wondering if its safe to take out the annoyinh head support ( that mind u didnt come with the caeseat) and put in the one that did come with it.

Mommy2Layla08

Asked by Mommy2Layla08 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i usde on for my son untill he was 6 month but my son was a preemie and needed it or his little head weould have bounced all over the place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would take it out... for 2 reasons... first, you should never use anything with your carseat that didn't come with it and two... it's annoying, the one that came with it probably fits better.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• the one i got is ment to go in any carseat, its just an infant head support, sold everywhere. id never put a 5 lb baby just is the carsest as bought bc their head wount reach the top support thing that it came with. and im worried about my daughter being asleep and her hesd bouncing around bc its not a wrap around the head support. if it helps u get an idea, the carseat i have is the Evenflo comfort fit from burlington coat factory its pink and brown and was $60 so u can look it up..
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• wow preemie and only until 6 months? i must be over protective! my daughter is 21 1/2 lbs and 27 1/2 inches, at 8 1/2 months lol so shes not tiny AT ALL!! so maybe if ur sone can be preemie and 2months younger then my daughter i should take it out.. thanks!
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yeah, even head supports that are sold everywhere aren't safe to use it has to come with your car seat (it will say that in the booklet that came with the seat) I'm thinking you must have the Evenflo Tribute. The cusion should provide some support for her head and might be adjustable... on the Triumph at least you can unvelcro it under the cover and make it longer or shorter... it might be the same with this seat. Also make sure her seat is at a full 45 degree angle and it will help with some of the flop and make sure her straps are tight and chest clip at nipple level that will also help with the head slump too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009