I was wondering if you were able to stay and live on base as a civilian when your spouce was deployed? Where are/were you stationed?

mommyin07n08

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Of course you can. you are not a regular civilian. you are a military dependent.
    My friend is living in Germany on base with her kids and her DH is with my DH in Iraq.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Oh. and my DH's cousin was in Colorado while her husband was in Iraq.
    outstandingLove

• I was stationed in cherry point north carolina and yes I stayed while my hubby was deployed. What else would they do silly..
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We were told if my husband was deployed we would be kicked off. My grandmothers family was kicked off base and lost their housing money when her father was deployed.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My husbands deployed right now and I'm still on the base. As for your grandmother that was a long time ago, and you might not have the whole story because there is absolutely no way they take away housing and then don't give you a housing allowance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It actually was not really all that long ago my grandmother is farely young. She was born in 1945 and he retired when she was 16 so 1961.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• No, you can still stay on base. My best friends husband is stationed at Scholfield Barracks in Hawaii, and just returned from a 15 month deployment. Her and their kids stayed on base.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• 1961 was a long time ago hun, especially in military rules and regs. yes you'll still live on base while your spouse is deployed. there are only a few reasons you get kicked out of housing, and most of them consist of behavior, separation or deaths (and even in those cases you get a set amount of time to move)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• they can't just give you the boot just because your spouse is deployed. they have too let you stay in base housing or give you bah to rent a place out in town. we are stationed in va beach and living in military housing. my hubby will be going to bahrain for 1 year and the kids and i, are staying right here.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009