Am I to high strung or would you be pissed too

so consistantly since our first child was concieved my hubby comes and goes as he pleases and now its worst cause I work every other wknd so on my wknd off he is gone mostly from sun up to sundown now we r expecting # 2 and I am wondering how did I miss this obviousness that my hubbby has no regards to my feelings now and probably never will... I get told alot that I need to just not let things bother me however I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot would it bother them ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• so he doesnt help with the kids? just talk to him about it
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If this selfishness is a new behavior, then definitely talk to him about it. If he has always been like this, then you need to decide if this is someone you wish to stay with for the next 50 years.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have talked till I am blue in the face and its just a waste of Air on my part I am truly at a loss I really dont want to get a divorc but he doesnt seem to take me seriously
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Whoever said don't let it bother you is an ass. Ask him if he wants a family- if so- act accordingly and do his part. Tell him you can be ALONE by yourself. If he believes you and wants to be there, he'll change his ways. If he's a selfish jerk, he'll continue making himself happy- as you should.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 10:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'd be asking him what his definition of marriage is bc this isn't it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• yea, I don't understand why it's just assumed that we are to take care of the kids by ourselves...if he wants to go somewhere, it's "I'm going, be back later" if I want to go to the store or something he's like, "your're taking the kids, right?" and I say "I GUESS SO!!" He's gone to watch his nephew play baseball and left yesterday and won't be back until tomorrow..I said it was ok with me because if I say it's not, I sound like a bitch, or at least that what he thinks.....some of my classmates are getting together in October and I know he'll probably bitch if I ask him to watch the kids..sorry I didn't mean to turn my answer into a vent but I do know how you feel...I just don't think they will ever change..I would love to be one of those wife/moms who go on strike and say you do it....but I probably wouldn't....good luck...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If talking doesn't work you need to show him that you are a serious. If you can stay at your parents, a friend, sisters take your child and stay at their house for 3 days. Don't go back until the third evening. Take his call by the second night. Oh and don't forget to leave a note, he will (I'm assuming) be worried about you and the kiddo. Theres no reason, why he can spend time with his nephew but not his own kid. And if he can take it out, he can put it back. I tell this to my daughter who is 3 all the time. When she doesn't I pick her toys up put them in a bag and she doesn't get them back until she does better with her toys. DH's are different so clean around him, don't wash his dishes, some of his laundry. When you want him to watch the kiddo, tell him beforehand then say 20 minutes before , I'm leaving heres your kid.Good luck!!!!
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2009