period question...is this normal for you?

It may be just me, but I was wondering if I should mention this to my obgyn...after about 5 or 6 days of bleeding, I get one day of nothing...then start to bleed again for another 2 days or so. Is this normal? I didn't start doing this until I was in my 30's.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• i dont think its normal just call
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes I think it is! womens cycles seem to change as they get older and for me Ive gone thru exact same thing and Im 37,but ill go for a week and then stop completely but then 2 days later when I think Im completely done Ill start again for day or so and stop . Its fustrating I know ,but I think your normal. Something you might read up on is what they call " Iregular periods", thats more than likely what it is hun. Hope I helped.
    bizebe

Answer by bizebe at 10:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• happens to me, started happening after i had my first m/c when i was 20, its been 6 years and 2 kids later and it still happens. only now its worse, i'll bleed for like 2 days, then not bleed for like 2 or 3 days then bleed again for another 4. my doc said its just normal for me, since its a regular thing and there are no other problems.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'm 22 and it's happened to me...lol

I've never had problems.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• This is how it was for me before i had my last child. But it was more like I'd bleed for 2 days then one day of nothing than bleed for just one more day. Of course it was so heavy if I moved it would soak my underwear.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2009