is it true that your child can't start school unless they are pottytrained I was told that they will not take them if they are not trained

LUVMYBUNBUN

Asked by LUVMYBUNBUN at 10:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• for preschool yeah,but for daycare no
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If a five year old is not potty trained, then she/he probably has a medical issue.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• it might be that pre-schools policy...I know if I had a bunch of kids I had to watch I would want them to be able to know when they have to go and use the potty themselves. changiing diapers isnt too deliteful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• What do u do when your 2 year old fights you when your try to put them in time out I always give in
    LUVMYBUNBUN

Answer by LUVMYBUNBUN at 10:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My son is 2 years old and my daughter will be 1 on the 27th and are not potty trained and both of them are in PRESCHOOL... NOT DAYCARE. Both are not potty trained. Some schools you have to be some you can find that doesn't require that.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• around here its jsut for the 4 year old preschool class and up... so if they are 3 and in preschool they dont HAVE to eb trained but if they arent they ahve to wear pullups and the school wont change them unless tis an emergency
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Depends on the school. My daughter just turned 4 and will be going to elementary 4yr kindergarten. She is still having accidents and it's really hard, but I've been told at this age they work with them.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Michele, I find it very hard to believe you have a 12 month old that is potty trained.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• around here preschools/daycares will not take children older than 3 w/o them being potty trained.
    as for the fighting about time out, put them in time out if he gets out put him back til hes stayed for the full amount of time (for a 2 yr old 2 mins, 3 yr old 3 mins etc..) set a timer tell them when the timer goes off they can get out. but if you keep giving in then he'll think that he can get away with whatever he wants and have a say in everything. you are the boss, ignore the screams. when my daughter was 2 she spent a total of an hour in time out b/c she kept getting out than when she finally stayed (she was there for throwing shoes at my dad) and i told her to pick up the shoes put them away and apologize she refused so she went back until she would do it, it got to the point she'd walk out of the time out area, i'd tell her to do it and she'd put herself back in time out. you just have to keep going knowing that it CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• is a battle you have to win. if you let them get away with stuff now, in a year when you try to get them to stop doing it, they are just gonna think "ok well i've done this for x amount of time so whatever" and keep doing it. and by giving in you just show them they can walk all over you. thats why you need to pick your battles and stay set on certain rules, whatever it is you feel strongly about never let them get away with
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009