Can i get a tattoo when pregnant?!?

Asked by leraenia at 10:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's probably not a good idea because of the needles possibly being contaminated. I would wait until after delivery :)

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• No you can't.

Answer by nunyabiznz at 10:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• No...

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• No! I apprenticed to be a tattoo artist and the female I was working under said she had gotten tattooed while pregnant and it had traumatized her baby. Tattoo’s do put A LOT of stress on your body (I would know I have a full back piece and a few more). Also there is a worry about parasites. The girl I had worked under had caught a parasite from a man she tattooed and it affects the daughter she was pregnant with more than her. There are a lot of considerations to take in.

Answer by LittleByrd09 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I dont know of a tattoo shop that would do it and if one did I would not think of them as very professional.

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I would say NO. The stress on your body is not good for baby, the needles (although now are typically new for each client)you have to be concerned with sanitation, and your skin is different in pregnancy as it is normally. The hormones and everything your body is doing to grow baby changes a lot about your bodies chemistry. I'd wait till after you've had baby and healed.

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• That would be an awful idea. You are risking your child's safety and in fact should probably wait until after you finish breast feeding. Most states don't allow it anyways....If a doctor or tattoo artist told me that it was okay to get tattooed while I am pregnant, I would immeditely walk, what can't wait another then you might have changed your mind..

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 7:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2008