What do you conservative ladies expect to accomplish...?

...by being so rude and hateful to those with whom you disagree? Do you really think you're getting anywhere towards convincing people that your ideas are valid? Do you really think that name-calling and insulting people is doing anything to advance the conservative cause?

Oh, yes...I know someone's bound to say "well, the liberals do it too", or "they started it!". To those oh-so-mature responses, I ask--do you really want to sink to their level?

I am a Christian first, and a conservative second. I do not associate with the nasty, hateful, spiteful, smug, smart-mouthed ladies who embarrass themselves and those of us who want to get the job done WITHOUT sacrificing who we are--kind, decent, salt-of-the-earth Americans who try to live by the Golden Rule. What has happened to us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its refreshing to hear a conservative speak like this, sometimes when I read the hateful attacking responses I really wonder if they are speaking for every conservative, I'm relieved to hear they are not. I truly respect your question, good for you.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I live by the rule if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Seems if we all did that the world would be a much nicer place. Dems and Repubs could both benefit from using common courtesy including the OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think I love you.

I've stopped responding in this section because of all the backlash us "libs" receive. It's quite offensive.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Dems and Repubs could both benefit from using common courtesy including the OP.

While I agree that courtesy and decorum would be beneficial to both sides, I am perplexed at your reference to my post.  I did not refer to anyone in particular, so I am not sure how my question lacked courtesy.  Did my question convict you in some way?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• works both ways, if you can't hang stay away.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'm not rude. I usually walk away from the computer If I get really mad. I do agree it gets out of hand on here. The Libs have called me names lots of times, and it used to make me upset, I just realized that it goes both ways and no one realizes that I don't speak that way. Also, people seem to ignore points made in a kindly fashion.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have tried being nice it just does not help so no more if someone is condescending and patronizing to me on here I dish it back.I cannot stand the clan we have on the hill esp when they showed their true colors by calling AMERICANS names rather nasty ones.I will do my part.little as it may be,to help get them out.As for ideas alot of us conservative women have thrown out tons of ideas.Most of the lefties in this section do not care about our ideas they just want their big gubmint and thats that...just like those on the hill they want the control over us all.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I do enjoy hearing a well thought out opinion. I am so glad to hear you stand up for being a conservative, you obviously feel that they represent you and that is the bomb! :) You made me smile, in a good not condescending or wierdo way. Although the long explanation that I have typed totally screams wierdo. :)

But tnmomofive, I do disagree with you. I actually have come out on your side in several discussions and vs. you in several. When I am on your side you are completely polite, when I disagree with you, you have accused me of drinking kool-aid, not really paying attention to facts, and other things. Carpy has done the same. I did vote for Obama, but I am not a blind believer in any leader.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I am sorry but the you get more flies with honey then vinegar is BS! You get more flies with a good strong smack with a magazine! I have stayed in the corner while being yelled at and called names long enough! You may think I am hurting the cause but I see people answering to me. Do you really think if this was vise verse they would be HALF as respectful as I have been? NO
    They would be rioting and starting fires because thats what THEY do best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• urkidding I do not like anything the man and this admin have done so it makes it tough lol.Yes I recall us agreeing once I believe.You should prob feel lucky for that ;) I am messing with you but really i'm already ready for these people to get their arses off the hill.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2009