If family members (who you LOVE) come to visit from out of state- for 3 or 4 days, but stay for 3 week's and 4 days....is that rude?

I love my family and I have no regrets, I'm just wondering the opinion of others. Honesty, I would'nt change a thing....though it has been a little crowded, lol. (me and hubby have 4 kids)

-teresa4

Asked by -teresa4 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• i would consider it rude unless they asked to stay longer. ...but if it doesnt bother you then who cares?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think it would be rude, in most cases. But if it were my family, they would know I would love them to stay, so I wouldn't personally think it was rude....but I"m sure my dh would! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would be overwhelmed but at the same time I would think they must live my company! That why they want to stay!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• *love
    kirsty_mcgrail

• While I am flattered that they liked it here so much to stay that long- my husband was getting a little irritated- from the lack of privacy, lol. IKD, now that they're gone, I do actually miss them, even though it has been a long 3 weeks and 4 days, lol.
    -teresa4

Answer by -teresa4 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• wait i read wrong i thought it said a week and 4 days not 3. yes i'd probably consider it rude however its still family and i wouldn't kick them out. they would drive me crazy no matter if it was my family or his, but its still family and they would let us stay that long if need be.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yeah, thats rude. Unless you talked about it beforehand its inconsiderate. What if you didn't have the money to buy groceries for extra people for that long of visit?
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• they overstayed their welcome ...especially if DH was irritated...
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• "Company is like fish....after a few days, it starts to stink"
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009