Where was your horrible birthing experience?

For those that have had a terrible hospital birth, I was wondering if you would share where it was. Feel free to use the Anonymous option if you don't want people to identify you with your town or hospital. Maybe you can get the word out to others who are pregnant so they don't use the same facility.

Also, if you have had a perfect hopital birth, please share the hospital or town if you wish, too. That way someone might find the one that works for them if they still want to have a hospital birth.

Thanks!

VintageWife

Asked by VintageWife at 11:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both of my births were at Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, NY. They were both great experiences. The second wasn't quite as smooth as the first since I had to be induced. BUT, I will say, kudos to the hospital staff because despite my very SLOW progress with the induction, they didn't try to push a C-section on me or anything like that and they were very respectful of my wishes to try and use as little interventions/drugs as possible. I'd also like to add that after the birth, the nurses throughout my stay were awesome and super helpful with my 2nd who was a bit slow to latch on to the nursing idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Willow Creek Women's Hospital in Johnson Arkansas. It was terrible. It has the highest c-section rate in four counties and they refuse to talk to anyone about it. The won't give us they're reports or stats of any kind. Sadly, this is where most babies are born in these four counties. Women don't understand how bad it really is.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I had a great birthing experience at West Jersey Hospital in vorheess NJ. The nurses were great and made me feel so comfortable and really got my hubby involved with the birth ( he wasn't sure what to do lol) The call the hospital the baby factory for a reason lol.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• l had a great hospital experience with a midwife (also my sister) at St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I had a great experience at Osceola Regional Medical Center in Kissimmee, Fl
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 11:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, Grass Valley, CA - I'd never willingly give birth there again. I wanted to have a home birth, but couldn't find a midwife that would deliver twins...
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 12:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I had a wonderful and caring experience with my my only birth at Baylor Grapevine in Grapevine, TX. Best care ever.
    MsMallory09

Answer by MsMallory09 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2009