Dip Spit? VIP details...need immediate advice...

While i was out doing laundry my 18 month old son and 4 weeks old daughter were at home with my fiancee...while he was changing our daughters diaper my son grabbed (he HAS to have everything) daddys bottle of

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 11:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not sure what it is, but have an idea. Anyway, nicotine is poisonous, so assuming that dip is tobacco? Then call poison control 800-222-1222 .Stay calm. Probably he'll be fine. But find out for sure.

Answer by Bmat at 11:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• well i'm gonna assume he spit it out b/c it tastes disgusting (my husband almost got killed b/c when i was driving one day he accidentally put his cup in my cup holder and i grabbed it and drank it, worst thing EVER!!) i was fine though, after i threw up b/c i did swallow some of it. i would call poison control if he had a lot of it to be safe. but otherwise make sure he keeps it out of reach or in a bottle with a lid that is on tightly.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If he up chucked he's probably fine. When my oldest was about 12 months he grabbed half a unlit cigarette and ate it, he up chucked and was fine.

AEB_MRB

Answer by AEB_MRB at 12:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Nicotine in itself will make a person throw up, I have seen it work on people that have not even swallowed. He should be fine, if he throws up that is completely normal, and he will be cleaned of it in his system. Here is hoping that he will never leave his spit can in arms reach of little ones again.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2009