Contractions...

Ok, I am 37 weeks pregnant, and the past couple days i have had contractions that have been getting worse in intensity but not at all regular, they are really hurting, I am scheduled for a repeat c-section on the 28th, so the doctor isnt checking for dilation at all, wondering if I should call or what I should do? my hubby says the doctors wont do anything because they arent regular...do you think that is so?

jlcazzola

Asked by jlcazzola at 11:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was taught you should wait till 411
    4...contractions are 4 minutes apart
    1...contractions last about 1 minute
    1...having these regular contractions for at least 1 hour

If you don't go by this, I would at least time your contractions and if you see a pattern for at least an hour long, then call. But if they're irregular, I would wait.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If they r not regular no, but if they continue and keep getting stronger I would call my doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My last baby my contractions started at every 1-2 min and only had a few of those and then every 5min for some reason and that was weird. I never had them with the last baby every 10min. By the time I got to the hospital I was dialated to a 6 and had to have a c-section cause he was still feet down but he was laying sideways. I was 38 1/2weeks too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• oh and my other pregnancies they was every 10min, then 5-6min then every 1-2 min so this pregnancy was weird, lol
    Anonymous