Sex (Explicit)

So, what is rough sex exactly?
I keep hearing people say sex is fine during pregnancy as long as it isnt rough.
I want to know what your opinion on rough sex is.
Does sex have to be slow and gentle while pregnant?
Do you think it matters how deep he penetrates or is it more the speed?
Does position matter?
WHAT is rough sex????

Any and all definitions welcome :)
(16 weeks pregnant)

Thank youuu!

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When people say to avoid rough sex, they mean anything that is going to put a great deal of pressure on your belly. It means, if being in a certain position causes a lot of friction to your stomach, you should be careful and slow or try a different position. Penetration should not matter, although later you may feel discomfort as it is possible for him to hit your cervix during intercourse. This is not so much a safety precaution as it is a comfort thing. Speed should not matter, but if he is going fast...he should make sure he is not putting his weight on your stomach and if your head is about to bust through the headboard...you may want to take it down a notch LOL just use common sense. When my fiance and I want to be rough or go a little crazy, we pick a comfortable position for me that will not hurt my stomach. Doggystyle and cowgirl seem to work pretty well during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Rough sex is pounding it like some porn! Slamming into it and pulling hair and biting... crazy rough sex is not good. No tossing all over the place... stuff like that. Its both the speed and depth of penetration that matter. But it doesnt have to be slow and boring. You and your SO will figure out good positions and rythms for sure. the further you get, the more you will realize that some ways are not as comfortable as they used to be or that you cant bend like that anymore and other ways are much more enhanced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• rough sex is like penetrating hard and fast basically
    position does NOT matter. as long as it's comfortable for you.
    and it has to be gentle slow so you won't risk the chance of getting into labor early, breaking your water, etc...
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• So answering anon, because I am pretty private. If you are having a healthy pregnancy sex is fine. I have had sex on top, sex from behind, anal sex, sex in the shower, sex with a little bit of spanking, sex with hard thrusting that I BEGGED for. Rough sex that I wouldn't engage in while pregnant is asphyxiation, wrestling, or anything that would put extreme pressure on the baby.

Otherwise, yeee haw!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• lmao anon 12:37.. Thanks, great help! I actually was worried about a little pounding during doggie style. :) Makes me feel better!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I should add, so you feel better, I have three healthy babies and I had healthy no spotting pregnancies. :)

Have a good time sweetie, sex while preggo is the bomb. You feel sexy and wonderful and awesome and you are totally into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I completely agree with Annon 12:37 as long as you are comfortable it doesn't matter what you are doing. I know that as long as you are comfortable and you don't feel like you are putting a bunch of pressure on the baby your set, you can't do any more harm having sex than you can walking around.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2009