Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do anymore.

Hello everyone. I was wondering how much a sperm count averages out to be, and if anyone knows about them. We have been trying for a year to get pregnant, and it just hasn't worked out so far. I have been looking into it a lot lately and have found some "sperm enhancing" pill.. Wondering if any of you have any thoughts or know anything about them.

Answer Question

Asked by kbishop8688 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Level 16 (2,730 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I suggest going to see a fertility doctor instead of taking one of those pills. :]
    Well... instead of your husband taking those pills.

    They can do a sperm count on your husband - give you the average males sperm count, and see where he places.
    They also make sure that everything checks out with you and there's nothing wrong.

    Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • I agree with post by K_Sawyer. Go to a fertility doctor, it may not be a sperm issue and they can help figure out why it has not happened for you yet. I know that money is tight for almost everyone today, so try your OB first. They may be able to do the test or give you a referral to a fertility clinic so that our insurance may cover part of the cost. Good Luck.

    Answer by nova.mommy at 5:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.