CAN I GET UNEMPLOYMENT? HELP!

i went to my old work (DENNYS) that i had been working at for 3 years. I got pregnant and went on maternity leave at 3 months because i was pregnant with the twins. After maternity leave was up, i told them i wasnt able to come back yet because my SO was on tour for a couple more months and no one would be able to watch the boys. I went in the other day seeing if i can come back and if they n
if they need me. They said they would give me a call. i was still "employed" there. I just got a new cell phone and plan so i gave them the new number. My voicemail wasnt set up yet. They tried calling me and couldnt leave a voicemail. I was out of service at the time because it was in a bad area so i didnt know they called.
I called back 2 days later asking what was going on and they said they were going to call. They said they "tried calling me and i didnt answer. That means im unreliable and therefore, its a 'no' on the coming back.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you were fired, you can still get unemployment unless you stole, or did something else illegal.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• if you were part time then you usually dont get unemployment, if you were full-time you should be able to
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• you just asked this alredy get a grip!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If you were fired you can not get unemployment.
    ibeamomysomeday

Answer by ibeamomysomeday at 1:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If you didn't know they called, then how'd you know to call them back. I wouldn't have hired you back either. Especially if you waited two days to call them back. It was your own fault you didn't have service. You shouldn't get unemployment because of your own actions.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You have to find out the unemployment laws in your state. It usually depends on if you were part or full time, and the amount of hours you put in. You won't get the same amount at all if you even get it. The mom that said you can't get unemployment if you're fired was wrong. You don't get it if you've quit. Just file for it, the worst that can happen is that they will tell you no. Either way, go job hunting in the mean time.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:12 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I meant it was your own fault you didn't have voice mail set up
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• wow what a bitchy answer
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I see by your profile that you're in Arroyo Grande; California? In this state you cannot get unemployment if you were let go for cause, and this sounds like cause.

You can APPLY, of course. You might get lucky.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I agree dennysgirl. Some people are being bitchy. It's not your fault that you didn't have service for a while, especially if you couldn't work to pay a phone bill. You couldn't predict when they were going to call.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2009