I want to know what happens if a woman is in labor for too long?

I have been in early labor for 4 days, what will happen with me, My body, and My baby? She can't go any farther plus I am dialated to almost a 3 but not quite yet,

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing if you're baby isn't in stress than you're fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Early labor can last for weeks without anything going "wrong." It is just your body working. If you are worried about how the baby is positioned, you can try exercises from spinningbabies.com
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Not sure what you mean by "she can't go any farther." Latent labor can last a long time and you can be almost 3 cm dialated for a while, too. As long as he baby is not in distress, you're fine..but again, I don't know what you mean by what you said and also don't know how far along you are. That might help to know that for others to answer, too. You are obviously not in active labor or you would have been admitted to the hospital. So, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Its probably something called prodromal labor and it can go on for weeks. What do you mean with she cant go any farther?
    Its way more common than women think, its not early labor or active labor. Your body is getting ready for labor though so that's a good thing. How far along are you?
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I was in labor with my son for 3 DAYS. He's NOW 23 yrs old and active duty. He's fine and I'm fine. If you're so worried go to your OBGYN doctor and tell him/her what you're feeling.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009