*might sound weird*..but can a baby "dislike" certain people....

my 4 month old little girl loves people when they come to see her or see her in a store..she is not shy! she loves the camera and the attention..well this past weekend my husband and i brought our daughter to his families house (not the best relationship with them)..but i insisted bc family has always meant alot to me...
anyways she got one glimpse and let me tell you she never cried so hard! it took over an hour to calm her down. i kept thinking to myself...maybe shes teething..maybe shes constipated..and as mother i just have a feeling she doesnt "like" them.

her cry ripped through me...and since then, shes never done it again! does anyone have any stories like this? any/all comments are welcome=)

vanessaxoxo

Asked by vanessaxoxo at 1:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. They can.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• oh yess

theres some wives tale that infants will not like a pregnant woman carrying the same sex baby as what they are...LOL

so my SO is all playing with his friends baby, he's giggling and laughing, only 2 months old, and he was holding him and gave him to me
    less than 5 seconds of me holding him he started bawling. The parents said their baby is usually very loving and like everyone. and then the mom brought up that wives tale, and I was like maybe...I didnt know the sex of my baby yet

and what do you know...im having a boy...LOL but thats the experience I have had
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• from birth to 15mos or so my daughter showed a very strong preference to african americans. we're thinking it maybe had something to do with voice tone than skin color, perhaps.... but it was very strong and intense. she was terribly shy and actually rather antisocial. she'd get a lot of swarms of people, especially once she had pierced ears and her hair turned into ringlets. she'd either panic or cry UNLESS... she heard the cooing voice of an african american. man woman or child. it was so eerie
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My daughter HATED my brother. He was so sweet to her, but she would bawl anytime he'd come close to her. They actually played reverse peek-a-boo. He would put a blanket on her head and she would smile, he'd take it off and she'd start crying until he covered up again. lol She did grow out of it though and now she's three and a half and adores her uncle.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• so your baby only liked black people?!? At birth?! bs troll..
    newborns cant even see in color yet so how do they detect race?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• 2:15am Anon-hibbingmom said it DIDN'T have to do with skin COLOR, but rather a soothing voice. She isn't racist. She didn't say that she ran screaming. And she said that it COMFORTED her child. Get some sleep.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes they can .
    Usually that young it can also be the feeling you are giving off.
    Like for example I hate my MIL she is just a straight up B to me and well my daughter is 4 months old and cant stand to be in teh same room she always cries and its most likely because I cant stand being around her lol .
    You said you didnt have a great relationship with them so it could had been the tention in the room that she picked up on. Babies/young children are very smart and great judge of people.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• that wise tale is true,when i was prego with a girl i knew iyt was a girl i was holding my niece who was only weeks old and she did not like me,lol.i think babies sense how a person is kind of like a dog,lol..sometimes i get vibes of people that isnt good.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes definitely! For the first several months, my daughter HATED my sister! She would scream and cry every single time she picked her up! lol

srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Always trust a baby and dog's opinion of people! I swear they have a sixth sense. If baby doesn't like someone...pay attention to it and trust it to the extent that you can.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009