Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my husband filed for divorce behind my back after he said he loved me and everything was going to be ok. is there any way to get over him or to make our marriage better. He says he doesnt want to be with me anymore. he keeps toying with my emotions when we met up to switch the kids he said he loves me and that he needs more time but then when he calls to tlk to the kids he wont say it. should i give up on us or should i wait? it hurts to sit around and wonder if he wants to be with me i want my family to be back together i dont want a divorce but i need the help of someone whos been in the same place as i am.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • He probably tells you that because you are emotional and will tell you anything he thinks you want to hear so he can get away more easily. I would give him space, be less emotional and needy. If he wanted to be with you he would be with you. I would take he huge hint he is sending you and get an attorney.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • It is probably best to try and move on. Get some counseling maybe that would help with your emotions.


    Answer by momavanessa at 2:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • I would get an attorney and move on. Figure out who you are and then go from there. You could also sit down with him and ask if he honestly wants a divorce and why. Could it be possible that he's cheating and just wants an excuse to not feel guilty about it?

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • I think if you really love him you shouldnt give up but you also shouldnt be weak either...

    You should play it off like you dont give a hoot what he says or does... when he says I love you be like Oh thats nice and walk away... when he starts wooing you act like you dont care... I know this will be hard... been there done that.... BUT it works...

    If he really loves you this will make him think you are moving on therefore he will want you more... When you feel confidant that he is truthfully telling you that he wants you back then take the next step...

    Answer by orkibe3 at 3:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • i totally agree with anon. i have been there and faught so hard to get my EX-HUSBAND but in the end even though he did love me he couldn't be the man he needed to be and it sounds like your husband can't either. you can't save your marriage if the other person wants out. he is probably confused but if he filed for divorce then he has made up his mind. you must maintain your sanity so tell yourself it has nothing to do with you cause it truly doesn't. sometimes love alone isn't enough to repair a relationship it's the willingness and strenght to try. which he has none off. good luck

    Answer by melody77 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • he might be confused...but there isnt anything you can do to change him...what i would reccomend is that when you go to court mention to the judge these problems and as if marriage counseling could be an option...

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.