Over Eating

Ok so for some reason I can't stop over eating. And it's not even that I'm hungry or anything. I don't know why I'm doing it either.
Anybody go threw this? And how did you get out of it and break the cycle?

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 2:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Health

• yup i over eat...i do it especially when im bored...and no i still havent stopped...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• yes me to, when I'm bored and or depressed, but I'm starting a diet on Monday it lasts a whole and it teaches you to eat only when hungry. I'm trying to lose my baby weight and try and fit into my jeans before it gets cold lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• lasts a whole moth
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I've tried not dieting but implementing "life style" changes but they only last for a few days and then back at square one. I need to loose about 80 pounds. I'd love to have that done by the first of the year but my goal is by the start of spring. I just feel like there's something wrong with me.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• A lot of the time hunger is confused with thirst. When you find yourself going to the kitchen to get food, think about how much you've drunk that day. If it's less than 4 oz. for every hour you've been awake, drink some water (or other hydrating beverage so no soda, coffee, or tea) and see if that stops your hunger pains.
    It's worked for me. I've dropped thirty pounds since my son was born less than a month ago. Granted about fifteen of that was gone before I left the hospital, but I have always had to fight to get rid of weight and this has really helped me.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Before you eat, try these tips: drink a big glass of cold water (you should do this 8 times a day, anyway); brush your teeth (the minty flavor can stop food cravings) or chew gum.

Don't buy junkfoods, and snack on vegetables and fruits; this makes it so much easier to get your 8 daily servings (in at least 3 different colors)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• lol the funny thing is that I've tried these things before. And they didn't help me loose but they did keep me from gaining which is good. I just get so bored with it after about a week that I tend to quit. I think i need to just suck it up and find a way to pay for someone to come into my home once a week and toss all of the unhealthy things. AND go shopping with me so that I don't buy them. It's just hard not too with toddlers.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I do that. I'm doing weight watchers which helps some. I'm also going to check out an overeater's anonymous meeting Friday. I need help. 1lb of dates in 5 hours isn't healthy. :/
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009