Is this America (sweet land of liberty?

1 ammendment- not to prefer or prohibit freedom of religion!
August 10, 2009
www.LC.org

Santa Rosa County, FL – Pace High School Principal Frank Lay and Athletic Director Robert Freeman are both facing criminal contempt charges for a prayer offered at a Field House Luncheon. The luncheon included former booster club members and other adults who helped the field house project. Liberty Counsel represents Principal Lay and Director Freeman in this case.

Last year the ACLU filed a lawsuit against the Santa Rosa County School District, claiming that some of the teachers and administration “endorsed” religion. Rather than fight, the School District consented to the entry of an order that prohibited, among other things, all prayer at school-sponsored events. The School District then consented to a much broader order fashioned by the ACLU, which essentially bans all employees from engaging in prayer or religious activities,

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 3:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it is because they are trying to take God out of our lives. i remember when we use to say the pledge and a prayer before class started. now you dont even say the pledge because it mentions god. well guess what everyone, this great nation of ours was built on religion. the problem is people are starting to loose their religion so morals are deminishing, homes are spliting and a lot of innocent people are getting hurt in the process because you got nasty groups like the ACLU!!!! this was an after school activity with no kids. bogus charges!!!! what next are they gonna tell people you cant say a prayer at home too. i thought this was the land of the free. one nation under GOD!!!!!!! there i said it am i gonna get arrested too!!!
    GTMOM41

Answer by GTMOM41 at 4:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Not anymore!
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• the court that Mr. Freeman and Mr. Lay offered a prayer to bless the meal served to consenting adults at the appreciation luncheon. Based on the ACLU’s allegations, U.S. District Judge Casey Rodgers has now initiated criminal contempt proceedings and has referred Messrs. Lay and Freeman to the United States Attorney’s office for prosecution. The U.S.A. has accepted the assignment and is prosecuting Mr. Lay and Mr. Freeman criminally for the mealtime prayer. Trial is scheduled for September 17. If convicted, Mr. Lay and Mr. Freeman are subject to fines and imprisonment, yet neither willfully violated any orders of the court
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• This is why my kids go to Christian school. i am hoping to instill some good old fashioned beliefs in which our country was founded on, insted of the caotic nation we have become.
    jharve

Answer by jharve at 3:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Well since this subject is hot and I don't want to end up on anyones hit list I am going anon.

This would be a totally different scenario if it were a gay couple brought up on charges for holding hands or kissing. There would be gay hate talk and so on. As I am sure that there will be many people on this forum to claim that it was justified because no religion has the right to be in school or in public. That is why I posted about the gay thing.

I don't think anyone can tell any one that is consenting in prayer that it should be stopped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I totally agree this was after school with adults no kids present! facing criminal charges! in sweet America land of the free? read this whole article unbelievable! it was on huckabee tonight happened in Fl.(Bible Belt) darn ACLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where are Christians rights,stand strong gals!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• iharve that is great! Christians in public schools need our support too! remember to vote and register Republican or else u cannot vote on the smaller elections! God is everywhere, and yes he is in the public school if they like it or not! PRAY for these teacher/principle- trying to throw the book at them and zap their pension! 30 years pension
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Why don't you all talk about this during the day? I have noticed the boards get nasty at night when most of the people who stand up for people not like them are asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Why is this a nasty post anon..... I dont see anything nasty on here....Is it nasty because a Christian asked it? I dont get your response and it makes no sense to me.....
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 3:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• God is a Republican?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2009