Breast milk?

So my daughter is now 9 months old and i stopped producing milk when she was 3 weeks old. Ive just started noticing that ive been leaking what looks like milk and was wondering if this is something that happens?

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 3:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep- very possible. you could always double check with your doctor though to make sure it's not something else. my mother had 2 lumps removed recently and she had discharge from her breasts from the infection they caused.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have heard that you can have discharge up to 2 years later. I would call a lactation consultant unless your doctor is very familiar with breastfeeding. My doctors always seem to ask me lots of questions about breastfeeding. It's not an area they are experienced in (and one is a female doctor!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I "leaked" for 3 years after I finished breast feeding.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2009