Do you want the govt. knowing all your personal health history?

I mean look at the hospital leak with Farrah Faucet? One crooked govt. employee could do a lot of damage!

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 4:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Health

• I think they have general information already, ie: the staistics that come out every year...but I could be wrong, or maybe that is made anonymous. I dont know.
    When you sign up for medi-cal or any state coverage, the government has control over that as well. I dont see the harm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• They already do.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• what if someone twittered you have hiv or something to the whole world ?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• What if they decide to share with your employer your info?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• What happens when you are left jobless because Big Brother watches you that closely!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• This is too much info for my liking , my past Dr. did not even have a computer but now this is way too much to trust to one man! a falliablehuman who does not know everything,and how is the economy comy obama?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Put on your tin foil hats! You have more to worry about with the office staff who has direct access. I know this from working in the medical profession for 20 yrs. A national data base will only help defray the cost of medical care. But whatever, be paranoid if you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Who do you trust more, Corporations who are first (by law) responsible to their shareholders, or Government, who is (by law) first responsible to the people.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have never understood the "NEED" for privacy. I always place paperwork in my files (and my kids) that states anyone that wants it is granted access... I think it's best that way! I mean really, what are they going to do with that knowledge? I have nothing to hide. I don't believe in secrets or hiding anything! It's a waist of time and energy! If Barack Obama himself wants to read about my medical history, let him! Hell, if you are so board that you have nothing better to do and you want to read about my health, go for it... I don't care. I think it's best that everyone that need that access have it. I have a great risk of injury or death if I am treated with the wrong medication or treatments, why put myself at risk by not allowing people to see my records. And as for the government - Go for it. Read them, read them all! Maybe if those on the hill actually see what the little people live like they can make better choices!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I just want to share this...

We had a local hospital close down around 1979... It was not torn down until about 5 year ago. In that time it was never emptied of it's records. More than once theives got in and would scatter the records through town. Once they just tossed boxes of them off the roof... Many people here in town were very upset because their medical information was left in there and then was open for all to see. My Gram (who had female surgery there) said this: "If I hadn't had the surgery, I would have died, I would have left my husband and children. Do I want all to know I had it, no, but do I care if they know? Not so much. That very painful surgery is proof of the love I had for my family. I did it for them and now everyone knows how much they mean to me." She wasn't happy that the records were on the road. But she looked for the good - maybe that what you all should do!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2009