How do you tell someone you have hpv?dating? have you ever? what is the response?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Health

• Once we start talking about sex, I let them know that I tested + back when I was 18, and that means I have it for life, even if every pap I've had since then is negative. I don't have the strain that causes warts, "just" cervical cancer(an increased risk anyway). I tell them that condoms are necessary and I've NEVER had a man walk away. Not yet anyway. I always kind of expect them to. *shrugs*
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I was married when I got a call from the doc about it. She said the pregnancy prob made it come out cuz it never showed before. I called him crying saying I was sorry I was a wild child before. He was distant for a few hours but then made love to me to show he didn't care, he sill loved me.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't rush to say anything until the issue of sex comes up. Then you can tactfully explain that you have HPV and that he will be taking a chance of getting it but that it doesn't affect HIS health as much as it does yours. He will forever be a carrier of it though, so if the two of you don't stay together then any woman after you will be exposed.

I was engaged to be married when I found out I had it. My fiancee had no problems with it. He went to all my subsequent appointments for colposcopies and cryosurgeries with me. We'll be celebrating 15 years of marriage in December. If the man truly loves you then I don't think he would make a huge fuss.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• about 75% of woman have or have had hpv. Your body can fight off the virus so you don't have it for life. Its really not a big deal since most men carry hpv anyway and never know it, he most likey has it so I'd just use condoms
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2009