Someone is suicidal in journal recent?

help?-pray please?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 5:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Lord God, I ask in Jesus's Holy Name that You would intervene on this person's behalf and keep her from evil harm! In Jesus's mighty Name I claim this person's salvation and reach out my hand to her right now in the power and grace of God Almighty! Stay this thought and spare the action! And may we hear back good news and give ALL the glory to You! In Christ Jesus I ask and pray, believing! Let it be so. Amen and Amen. Praise God.

praying

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 5:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Why is she suicidal? Was it just stress or was she for real? Chances are it was stress, and even if she is for real with her threat chances are it's the things going on in her life that are making her think this way... Maybe you should be praying for the things in her life to get better, for that all illusive light in the tunnel to show itself, instead of praying that she just change her mind.

If you post the journal link we can actually offer support beyond some mistical hope... Chances are that's what she needs most or she wouldn't have posted in the first place!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Almost nobody offered me well-wishes when I talked about offing myself. But oh wait, I just did it for the attention. WHAT attention? Maybe six or seven people noticed. Oh yeah, that makes me feel so much better.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Cait.....they always say you're looking for attention...until someone actually DOES it. Then they blame stupid shit like violence on TV and stuff instead of realizing that it was THEM who never listened. People will never learn.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I think someone who hasn't been there before can't really understand. I prefer empathy to sympathy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Praying for help to stop them or praying for help in driving them to it? With some it's hard to tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• The best thing to do when you see someone thinking of suicide is to suggest they go to the hospital or see a counselor. Even their general doctor would do. DO NOT assume they are just seeking attention. It doesn't matter if they are or not. You still should post at least the minimum amount of into. Even a suicide hot line phone number will do. CM also can contact them with this info so if you just want to report the post they will send along the correct info.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Info*
    SalemWitchChild

• the best thing to do is to sent out your hearts, and let them know you are available to talk. Cafemom member resources also has links for moms to use, some for this instance. I hope you forward the information to her, along with all of our thoughts and (prayers, blessings, wishes, etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• What a surprise to come onto CM today and find this in the Q&A section. I say that because the journal mentioned here was my own. I wrote the journal anonymously (along with this reply) because I want to keep my privacy. 2mothers, I appreciate your concern and prayers, and the concern of others. Without going into detail, I struggle with bad depression at times and last night I needed to write it out. Even though I truly felt like ending it at that time I knew deep down inside that I most likely wouldn't because I know I'm meant to be here now. Still hurting today, but I feel it will get better.

My spiritual path can help during these times and no I'm not Christian (nor do I wish to be). I've interacted with people here on this forum and one of you is on my friend's list, but right now I'd just like to stay anonymous. Thanks

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009