online dating....

my question is have any of you ever dated online and if so how did it go. How long did it last and did any of you ever fell in love with the person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• i have and did it for yrs as i was single for 12 yrs. yes i did fall in love but he had lied to me and was still married. although seperated but then she found out and she tried to hook up with him and it was just a mess. i was so heart broken. i did meet a lot of nice guys and got lots of free meals. i would suggest if you do this that don't do a long distance thing where it's easier for them to cover up. also don't get to excited online over someone that seems like the one cause once you meet that spark may still not be there. wow that happened so many times with me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I didn't exactly do online dating but my husband and I did meet on a blogging site. It's been amazing ever since we've been together.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 7:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I met my husband in a yahoo chat room. I was living in orlando and he was in miami. He moved to orlando 3 months later and we have been married for over 4 years and have a 2 year old daughter.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did not meet my hubs that way, and have not used online dating. I do have 2 family members who met their spouses thru online dating site/s. My Uncle and my bil both did online dating, they met their spouses, emailed, phone calls, dates/visits, and both couples did fall in love and marry. My uncle and wife have been married 6 years, my bil and wife 5 years.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• every guy i've had a long-term relationship with was met online. i am however no longer with any of those losers lol. my hubby now i met thru a friend. but i would totally do online dating again if i was single it's fun and you can find great things on there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did online dating for years and enjoyed meeting great ppl. One day SO popped up on my screen via IM on yahoo and that was it for me for online dating.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I met my fiance' in a VA chat room. He had broken up with his g/f of 2 yrs a few months prior. He wasn't chatting with anyone but his screen name caught my attention. I sent him an IM, we started talking online more at first, then on phone all the time, then he wanted to meet me in person. I drove 2 1/2 hrs to meet him after he got off from work (he drives a truck). It took me a short time to fall head over heals in love with him. 2 1/2 years later we are living together, engaged, and talking about having children together. He is the love of my life and he says I am his world. We totally trust each other. Online love can work. Just be careful as all doesn't turn out as well as mine. I know this and I have had many folks tell me as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I met my hubby online through myspace. He had emailed me and I was currently in a relationship but I still replied to his email. Shortly after I had left my bf and started talking to my hubby. And after a little while we started talking on the phone and then we decided it was time to meet in person so we set up a day to meet up and I had to work that day so he drove 1 1/2 hrs to see me and met me at my job. And we've been together 3 years and we'll be married for 3 years in october.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009