nursery paint job diaster....trying to do a unisex nursery

i have this vision in my head of how i want our nursery to be like but i can't pull it off. the green is way to bright, i tried galzing it but it looks exactly the same? i feel like i have ocd cause i can't sleep and i can't even walk into the room to look at it anymore. thing is i already put the paint on our lowes card cause we can't at the moment pay cash for anything but the baby is due soon and in nesting mood.

what would you do? would you change the color again or keep trying samples to let your mind rest or save your money?

i wish that i could turn my mind off and accept the color but i just can't. my brain is to weak to accept it. i tried getting ideas online with images. i see lots i like but the images are so small that i can't quite make sure what the color it is or how to take it to lowes and say can you match this.i can't load pics up on here so can't show you what i have. show yours....unisex colors

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 6:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I think green is tricky. There's so much green around us that you pick a shade, and it looks just fine on the chip, and you bring it home and put it on the wall and discover that the green that looks mellow outside in the yard looks riotous inside the house. Before panicking, put some furniture in front of the color. Put up curtains. See how it looks. If it's still driving you crazy, go two or three shades lighter, and one shade more muted (the chip display is arranged to make this easier.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• youd be suprised what you can do with a badly painted wall...use pictures and other items (toys, shelves, lighting fixtures) in different shades of darker and lighter green to offset the wall...once you get the room into order you might be suprised on how it will all tie together beautifully!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I like the very palest green with black and white accents.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 6:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I used to work at Lowes for 3 years. In my stores if the color wasn't the color you thought it was (and you didn't use ever oz of paint). We would look up the paint with your Lowes card and refund the money. You just have to be nice and explain how it turned out from what you thought to the managers/paint counter. It is no guarantee this will work for you, normally it depended on your case. We couldn't have everyone paint their rooms then try to get the cost of the paint back. They people at the paint counter might be able to help you too. I know at the last store I worked at almost every week the Valspar guy was in the store helping people too.
    And yes, on our cans it said custom paint was non-refundable too...
    BEST OF LUCK
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i used a lot of it thinking it would get darker but it didn't.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009